Choosing the Best Agent for the Job
Who would know the area you are looking to buy or sell in better than a local real estate agent? Let’s talk about the benefits of hiring a local, full-service Realtor®
- They know the area and the real estate market, giving you specific insight into what a home would be worth in today's market.
- They are able to inform you of the positives and negatives of the surrounding areas, and keep you informed of what comes next!
- They work very hard to maintain excellent relationships with other local real estate agents, which means that they communicate about homes in the area, what their buyers are looking for, and what homes are going to be coming up on the market. This helps to match up buyers and sellers quickly.
BONUS TIP: Often other agents call me before they even list a property to see if I have a Buyer ready to go. That type of relationship is priceless when it comes to a quick and smooth home sale.
Find a Realtor® with a good reputation
Research real estate agents in the area you are looking to buy or sell in. A Google and Zillow Review search is a great way to start. You may also want to confide in your friends and family to see if they have had an exceptional experience with a local real estate agent.
- Realtors® with good reputations will have your best interest throughout the entire buying or selling process.
- Realtors® with good reputations care about their career; therefore, they will do what they can to ensure an excellent experience for you.
BONUS TIP: Over 70% of my business is Referral. By doing an exceptional job for my clients, they feel comfortable staking their reputation on my ability to perform. That’s pretty powerful stuff.
Find a Realtor® that is Active Online
The pace of marketing homes online has accelerated quickly over the past few years, so the agent you choose should be active on different real estate social media channels and websites. If your agent isn’t doing everything under the sun to share, post, and blast your home out online, you might want to consider interviewing one that is.
Because your home sale depends on how well your agent markets it on social media, you need to know if their work is up to snuff. Ask the agent about their social media presence, strategy, and their success stories.
Find a Realtor® with an Effective Marketing Plan
An agent’s marketing plan for your home should provide a clear course of action for how they plan to attract buyers and generate buzz about your listing. Are they using a professional photographer to shoot your home, as well as a 3-D Walking Tour so Buyers to see every inch of your home Virtually? Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) are two key terms to listen for when it comes to marketing your home. It’s also vital to ask how much Facebook and Insta advertising, if any, is included in the marketing plan. What about a video that spotlights backyard amenities like the in-ground pool and children’s treehouse? Lastly, ask to see an example of the Realtors® past marketing materials and be sure you have a workable and agreeable Marketing Plan in writing to follow along on progress.
BONUS TIP: The Marketing Plan I create is unique to your home, in writing, and is paid for by me personally, not my Broker. I think it’s important for you to know that I have skin in the game to get your house sold as well!